Few of us are worried about what we look back when we sit or stand. According to a national survey by Orlando Health, less than 50% of Americans said they were concerned about the ramifications poor posture can have on your overall health. When it’s not corrected, however, poor posture can cause stress on the body and have some pretty detrimental effects, including:
- • Neck, back, and shoulder pain: About 80% of people struggle with back pain throughout their life and poor posture is often the culprit.
- • Pinched nerves: Over the long-term, poor posture can cause your spine to shift, leading to pinched nerves.
- • Poor circulation: When sitting with poor posture, you are preventing your body from obtaining the poor circulation it requires to function.
At Chiropractic UAE in Abu Dhabi, our team of doctors can complete a postural assessment to identify imbalances that may be causing pain or health issues throughout the rest of your body. From there, we can create a chiropractic treatment plan to help you improve your posture.
What is a Postural Assessment?
When you visit us for a postural assessment, our chiropractor will begin by gathering data on your medical and injury history. Our chiropractor will also ask you to perform the various moves to analyze your skeletal structure, the balance of your body structure, and your range of motion. Some of these moves include:
- • Raising your hands above your head
- • Sitting in a chair
- • Standing on one leg
Our chiropractor will also assess you from a front view and a back view measuring specific body landmarks and may review x-rays to review the anatomy of your spine.
Improving Your Posture
To improve your overall posture, your chiropractor will:
- • Adjust your spine: These gentle joint movements will help you increase the range of motion in your joints.
- • Prescribe stretches and exercises: We will walk you through tailored exercises that will help you gradually reduce muscle tension and strengthen muscles.
- • Conduct soft tissue work: We will study the interaction of your muscles with the rest of your body and adjust using stretches and muscle releases.
Contact Our Chiropractor in Abu Dhabi for a Postural Assessment
If you would like to have your spinal health and posture assessed and treated by a skilled chiropractor in Abu Dhabi, schedule an appointment at Chiropractic UAE. For more information or to schedule an appointment, call us at 971-2-6345162.