Infrared laser therapy is a current and innovative light-based method used to treat pain and inflammation in various parts of the body. Unlike ultraviolet light, which can destroy the skin, infrared light boosts cell regeneration. Infrared light is applied to the site of injury and inflammation at specific wavelengths to promote cell repair.
Infrared laser therapy is natural, non-invasive, safe, painless, and is capable of stimulating deep tissues to produce optimal pain relief. At Chiropractic UAE, we have been sharing the benefits of infrared laser therapy with Abu Dhabi residents for many years. When you first visit our office, our chiropractor will assess your musculoskeletal system to determine how infrared laser therapy will benefit you.
What Does Infrared Laser Therapy Treat?
Infrared laser therapy is useful for treating a variety of conditions including:
- Dementia: A study reveals that dementia patients who underwent infrared laser therapy experienced better memories, slept better, and were angry less often.
- Dental pain: People with temporomandibular dysfunction syndrome experience less pain, clicking, and jaw tenderness after red light therapy.
- Osteoarthritis: Research shows that infrared laser therapy mitigates osteoarthritis-associated pain by more than half.
- Tendinitis: Infrared laser therapy reduces the pain associated with Achilles tendinitis.
Benefits of Infrared Laser Therapy
Notable benefits of infrared laser therapy include:
- Improved hair growth in people struggling with androgenic alopecia
- Promotes the healing of slow-healing sores like diabetic foot ulcers
- Suppresses psoriasis lesions
- Mitigates some side effects of cancer treatment including oral mucositis
- Improves skin complexion and builds collagen to wipe wrinkles
- Eliminates recurring cold sores from herpes simplex virus infections
- Improves the joint health of people with degenerative osteoarthritis
How Does Infrared Laser Therapy Work?
During this procedure, versatile wavelengths and output of low-level light are applied directly to the targeted regions. Body tissues absorb this prevailing light. Damaged cells respond with a physiological reaction that enhances your body’s natural healing process. Superficial tissue is usually treated with wavelengths ranging from 600-700 nanometers. To experience deeper penetration, wavelengths of between 780 and 950 nanometers are employed. In most cases, you will feel the laser device touching your skin, but no physical sensation. It's devoid of sound, and you will feel no vibration or heat. Each treatment takes only a few minutes
Contact Our Chiropractor in Abu Dhabi to Schedule a Laser Therapy Session
At Chiropractic UAE, situated in Abu Dhabi, our charismatic specialists offer treatments that will reduce your pain, restore your mobility, and enhance your body’s natural ability to heal itself. For more information on the benefits of laser therapy or to schedule an appointment with our chiropractor, call us today at 971-2-6345162.